Recovery from sex addiction is more than stopping compulsive sexual behaviors. True sex addiction recovery is much more.
- Establishing and maintaining balance in all areas of your life
- Recognizing and healing emotional wounds that have fed your addiction
- Maintaining a caring and nurturing relationship with yourself
- Accepting responsibility for the damage your addiction has caused
- Holding your boundaries to protect yourself from others when necessary
- Holding your boundaries to protect others from you when necessary
- Recognizing when you are not being your “recovered” self, accepting responsibility for this, making amends as appropriate, and getting back into your “recovery”
- Seeking out and maintaining connection with a healthy support community
- Supporting others in their sexual addiction recovery
- Living life in moderation
Contact Prescription Psychiatrists to book an appointment with our Therapist regarding counseling and treatment options for compulsive sexual behavior.